These scholarships are available to provide financial assistance to high school seniors interested in environmental health sciences and the pursuit of a higher education.
Scholarships, in the amount of $1,000 each, will be awarded to eligible students whose past and present efforts best embody the ideals of civic responsibility and environmental stewardship. These scholarships will be awarded and presented on an ongoing basis.
Any graduating high school senior who meets the following requirements is eligible to apply:
- Qualified applicants must be students who will be accepted to a two or four year higher education institution and major in an environmental studies program at an accredited California College or University.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.25 (based on a scale of 4.0).
- Completion of at least one high school science class in addition to the minimum required for graduation.
- Must be a United States Citizen and currently reside in California
There is no application deadline and scholarships are awarded on an on-going basis.
- Completed application form required.
- The essay written by the applicant should not to exceed three (3) double-spaced typed pages, using Times New Roman, 12-point font. Should a reference page be necessary, you may attach it at the end of the document with no page penalty. Do not include graphics or pictures in the essay.
- At least two, but no more than four, letters of recommendation should accompany the packet. At least one of the letters should be from a faculty member of your school and the remaining letters should be personal references not from a family member.
- Official high school transcript required.
Essay submissions should focus on the environment and health issues, otherwise there are no restrictions on the topic. ERC seeks to award a scholarship to the students that most embody the goals of our organization, while demonstrating a strong civic and social responsibility to the environment.
Scholarship recipients may use the award to defray necessary expenses such as tuition, living expenses, books, supplies, university fees and special project costs.
Within six (6) months of the scholarship distribution, a short (up to one page) report from the Scholarship recipient is due to the ERC Eco Scholarship Fund Committee so they may learn about the accomplishments and activities of the scholarship recipient.
Please direct all inquiries regarding the ERC Eco Scholarship Fund via email or by calling 619-500-6434.
Applicants are highly encouraged to submit their applications electronically using this:
Applications may also be submitted in hard copy to the following address:
ATTN: Cancer Scholarship Committee, Environmental Research Center
3111 Camino Del Rio North, Suite 400 San Diego, CA 92108
Please Note: Failure to follow the above application procedures may disqualify you from consideration.