After testing some products from TRU Brands/TRUWOMEN we found five products in violation of Proposition 65 in regards to lead amounts. Below is the timeline of events of the case between ERC and TRU Brands/TRUWOMEN.
On August 23, 2019, Environmental Research Center filed a Notice of Violation of California Law Proposition 65, against TRU Brands/TRUWOMEN.
In this action, ERC alleges that five specific products manufactured, distributed, or sold by Progenex contain lead, a chemical listed under Proposition 65 as a carcinogen and reproductive toxin, and expose consumers to lead at a level requiring a Proposition 65 warning.
These products are:
- TruWomen Red Velvet Ready Plant Fueled Protein Bar
- TruWomen Zamn Good Zesty Lemon Yea It’s A Protein Bar
- Tru Women Va-Va-Voom Vanilla Plant Fueled Protein Powder
- Tru Women You’re Mocha Me Cocoa Plant Fueled Protein Powder
- Tru Women Oh Oh Cookie Dough Plant Fueled Protein Bar
ERC filed a Civil Complaint on November 15, 2019.