After testing some products from The Good Fat Co., we found 5 products we alleged to be in violation of Proposition 65 in regards to lead amounts. Below is the timeline of events of the case between ERC and The Good Fat Co.
On July 16, 2021, Environmental Research Center filed a Notice of Violation of California Law Proposition 65, against The Good Fat Co.
In this action, ERC alleges that five specific products manufactured, distributed, or sold by The Good Fat Co. contain lead a chemical listed under Proposition 65 as a carcinogen and reproductive toxin, and expose consumers to levels requiring a Proposition 65 warning.
These products are:
1. Love Good Fats Vanilla Shake
2. Love Good Fats Chocolate Shake
3. Love Good Fats Mint Chocolate Chip Flavored Bar
4. Love Good Fats Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flavored Bar
5. Love Good Fats Coconut Chocolate Chip Flavored Bar