After testing some products from Koru Pacific Packaging, Inc., we found nine products we alleged to be in violation of Proposition 65 in regards to lead amounts. Below is the timeline of events of the case between ERC and Koru Pacific Packaging, Inc.
On November 21, 2019, Environmental Research Center filed a Notice of Violation of California Law Proposition 65, against Koru Pacific Packaging, Inc.
In this action, ERC alleges that nine specific products manufactured, distributed, or sold by Koru Pacific Packaging, Inc. contain lead, a chemical listed under Proposition 65 as a carcinogen and reproductive toxin, and expose consumers to lead at a level requiring a Proposition 65 warning. It is also alleged that four of these products (listed below in italics) also contain cadmium, another chemical listed under Proposition 65 as a carcinogen and reproductive toxin.
These products are:
- Naked One To One Premium Grass-Fed Whey + Sweet Potatoes With Nothing To Hide
- Naked Whey + Green Premium Grass-Fed Whey + Greens With Nothing To Hide
- Naked Nutrition Less Naked Pea Chocolate
- Naked Nutrition Naked Rice
- Naked Pea + Matcha Premium Pea Protein + Matcha With Nothing to Hide
- Less Naked Mass Chocolate
- Naked Whey + Matcha Premium Grass Fed Whey + Matcha
- Less Naked Egg Egg White Protein + Raw Cacao + Coconut Sugar Chocolate
- Naked Choc PB
A settlement was reached on June 30, 2020. In full satisfaction of all potential civil penalties, additional settlement payments, attorney's fees, and costs, Koru Pacific Packaging shall make a total payment of $40,000.00 to ERC.
Beginning on the Effective Date, Koru Pacific Packaging is permanently prohibited from manufacturing, packaging, or distributing the products for, or directly selling to California consumers.
If you want to read the Koru Pacific Packaging settlement, click here.
Do you want to know if your products are safe and in compliance with Proposition 65? Submit a product to be tested!